Rootless Squeak on OS X?

John M McIntosh johnmci at smalltalkconsulting.com
Fri Feb 23 07:37:58 UTC 2007

On Feb 22, 2007, at 10:35 PM, Aaron Reichow wrote:
> . The biggest thing I used rootless Squeak for was for widgets,
> just like with OS X's Dashboard.

Well you can run the plugin squeak vm as a dashboard widget, however
no one has ever expressed interest.

see http://www.smalltalkconsulting.com/squeak.html

In the experimental directory

  Squeak.wdgt.zip

You'll need to load and install the squeakland stuff to get the other
stuff you'd need.

Or try the new version of the plugin interface at

SqueakBrowserPlugin.plugin.3.8.14b2.zip

 From an note to Ned last fall, assuming you've the old squeakland
setup installed.

You need the new plugin and the latest VM. I'll note I'm in the
middle of making a 3.8.14beta5U VM to fix issues with modifiers and
key strokes.

see my idisk and the experimental folder. you need the

Squeak 3.8.14beta3U.app.zip  (actually the b5u vm)  { NO USE THE MOST
CURRENT VM}

SqueakBrowserPlugin.plugin.3.8.14b2.zip

You need to remove the

NPSqueakStubCFM and the
NPSqueak.bundle
from your "Internet Plug-Ins" folder.
stick the
SqueakBrowserPlugin.plugin in the "Internet Plug-Ins" folder.

Stick the Squeak 3.8.14beta3U.app  {Latest VM| in the /Application/
squeakland/squeak/internet folder

Adjust the info.plist information in the SqueakBrowserPlugin.plugin
to ensure the image name and path to the image in the
  /Application/squeakland/squeak/internet  is what you want it to be.

You can delete the
  /Application/squeakland/squeak/Plugins folder

and delete the
LocalePlugin.bundle
NPSqueakStubCFM
KedamaPlugin.bundle
NPSqueak.bundle
PrintJobPlugin.bundle
Squeak 3.0.app
mpeg3Plugin.bundle

from the
/Application/squeakland/squeak/internet folder.

===