Expected Failures Survey

Andreas Raab andreas.raab at gmx.de
Fri Feb 23 18:15:28 UTC 2007

Giovanni Corriga wrote:
> Il giorno gio, 22/02/2007 alle 21.47 -0800, Andreas Raab ha scritto:
>> Keith Hodges wrote:
>>> I would like to know if anyone actually uses the #expectedFailure
>>> mechanism in SUnit as is?
>> We have used it in Croquet to point out known differences between platforms.
>
> Andreas,
>
> can you provide an example? There's something about the whole concept of
> expected failures and errors that leaves me perplexed.

Sure. In CroquetVMTests we have a number of tests to make sure we have
all the required plugins. I would like to count joystick and midi plugin
to those but the Unix VM doesn't have them. Therefore:

CroquetVMTests>>expectedFailures
   Smalltalk platformName = 'unix'
     ifTrue:[^#(testJoystickTabletPlugin testMIDIPlugin)].
   ^#()

Cheers,
   - Andreas