PositionnableStream>>peekFor: not standard

James Foster Smalltalk at JGFoster.net
Wed Feb 28 20:59:40 UTC 2007

Actually, in this case I'd suggest that we change the standard! In each of
the six Smalltalk dialects I have available (Dolphin, GemStone, Squeak,
VisualAge, VisualSmalltalk, VisualWorks) the following returns true:

	((ReadStream on: 'abc') peekFor: $a; next) = $b.

This makes some sense. If you get back what you expect, why ask for it
again?

Is there an ANSI errata? If not, could we have a wiki page available for
such? I have several things to add...

James Foster