heading = forwardDirection + rotationDegrees (was Re: How can we deal with Message rot?)

Milan Zimmermann milan.zimmermann at sympatico.ca
Tue Jan 2 14:33:04 UTC 2007

On 2006 December 29 01:27, Jerome Peace wrote:
<<snip>>
> Many of the deep bugs I run into have the
> TransformationMorph decorator as their root.
> Lots of the gribble leaving problems come from a
> mismatch of assumptions between TfMorph ( which
> believes you can translate the origin into the 3rd
> quadrant) while every body else believes that truncate
> is the same as floor  because all points are in the
> 1st quadrant. Clipping boxes get calculated wrong and
> are often of by one just when you need them not to be.

Jerome,

Could you point out a few concrete examples (class, method) of this behaviour?
I started work on a (exteremely limited) set of tests for etoys and morphic,
and perhaps it would make sense to document what you found in a test;
although documenting something that is (if I understand) considered broken
may not be as valuable,  it should be easy to convert the test code if/once
the code under test is refactored.

Thanks Milan