Could we fix the web site

Yann Monclair yann at monclair.info
Sat Jan 6 21:44:16 UTC 2007

On Jan 6, 2007, at 10:12 PM, Alexandre Jasmin wrote:

> I think this is annoying. The websties of most companies and software
> projects put too much emphasis on news and press releases.
>
> http://mesa3d.org/ for instance has nothing but news on the front
> page.
> You have to click a link in the left pane to learn what the project is
> about.
>
> I think http://www.kde.org/ is somewhat better because there's a small
> description of the project before the news feed and you can click the
> "more" link if that's not instructive enough.

this is not a KDE vs. Gnome troll, but I do prefer the gnome website :p
I think a big picture that sends you to the download/get started page
is a great idea. When you get on the site, you just *have to click*!

Also have the news and other info reachable, but not taking all the
space. We want people to use squeak, not just to read about it ;)