Hello and a question about TextFieldMorph

Jerome Peace peace_the_dreamer at yahoo.com
Mon Jan 8 00:56:15 UTC 2007

Hello and a question about TextFieldMorph

Hello Javier,

Very good discription of a problem that should be
fixed.

Could you please put a report on mantis? Here is the
relevant FAQ:

FAQ: Is this a known issue ? Where is the place to
report bugs (or check if
some have already been raised) ?

The best place for this info would be to start a
Mantis report. (You can get a mantis acct freely and
easily).

A good place to start is:

http://bugs.impara.de/my_view_page.php

Mantis provides a patient persistent way to focus on
an issue.
I use it to accumulate data on a problem until a
solution can be found.
It provides a place to alert the community to a
problem;
-accumulate facts and clues from the analysis;
-publish preposed solutions and get feedback;
-get solutions harvested and included into the main
stream.

This FAQ is also available at the Squeak wiki site.
http://wiki.squeak.org/squeak/Mantis%20FAQ%20and%20Tips
aka:
http://wiki.squeak.org/squeak/5912
Mantis FAQ and Tips

Yours in service, --Jerome Peace

>Javier Reyes jreyes at gmail.com
>Sun Jan 7 21:47:19 UTC 2007 wrote:
>

>Hello Everyone,
>
>My name is Javier Reyes and I have just subscribed to
this mailing list. I
>live and work in Madrid, Spain.
>
>I am developing an application for a Magazine using
Squeak. For a small text
>box (which describes the contents of a page in the
magazine) I use a
>TextFieldMorph. Once initialized the Morph appears
with an 'abc' text in the
>upper left corner. That's fine for me. My problem
comes when i delete the
>last character of the TextMorph. At that moment the
Morph changes its color
>to the default light gray but the text that's written
after that doesnt
>appear in the top left corner anymore but one line
below.
>If I press Alt-0 the text goes back to the corner,
but I want that behaviour
>to be default. This "reset" doesnt happen either if I
select the "abc" and
>write some replacement text, only when the
TextFieldMorph is emptied.