module: 'SoundPlugin' on Mac OS.

John M McIntosh johnmci at smalltalkconsulting.com
Mon Jan 8 17:16:52 UTC 2007

Ok, in 3.8.14b7	sqMacMain.c	Add signal handler on SIGSEGV, dump all
stacks.

Please check your system.log and your console.log. There should be
printfs of the Squeak smalltalk process stacks.

The MIT media lab folks over Christmas identified a problem in this
logic where it would crash on stop recording under 10.3.
That seemed to be a race condition between the squeak process
deleting the recording stream, and the termination of the
async process that uses the recording stream, I will issue a 3.8.14b8
fix in a day or two.

However this problem seems to be a different issue, I'm puzzled by
the fact the os-x carbon VM did not get the same assert error as the
unix vm.

On Jan 8, 2007, at 6:11 AM, efimov wrote:

> Version: Squeak VM 3.8.14b7 (3.8.14b7)
>
> PID:    9278
>
> Exception:  EXC_BAD_ACCESS (0x0001)
> Codes:      KERN_PROTECTION_FAILURE (0x0002) at 0x00000004

===