3D desktop, the catch.

Alan Grimes agrimes at speakeasy.net
Mon Jan 8 19:29:26 UTC 2007

Brad Fuller wrote:
> Derek O'Connell wrote:
>> he he, I sympathise. Sounds like an interrupt problem to me. I have
>> used Linux and nVidea/ATI cards with Linux with no problem after
>> setting up. What type of card do you have?

ATI R280, (9250) on a MSI board.

In discussions on the DRI list (I am using purely open source drivers),
the issue seems to have to do with the interaction between the driver
for the comparatively rare AMD 762 (Athlon MP) chipset. (Probably a bug
in the chipset driver that is triggered whenever I attempt to set up the
GART for OpenGL usage). =(

> and what driver are you using?

Open source, compiled automaticly from gentoo's portage tree.

--
|/-\|/-\|