Squeak and native threads

Ed Boyce edboyce at bu.edu
Tue Jan 9 02:29:33 UTC 2007

stephane ducasse wrote:
> you can have a look at Actalk (the 1989 paper of JP briot) in a few
> lines of code you get message put in queue and each object having its
> own thread.
> I can send you the paper. There is also an implementation maintained
> by serge stinckwich may be of the 1996 paper.
>
> Stef
Stef,

What few lines of code?  And can this be done to selected objects, so as
to permit sensible factorization of object systems into threads?

I've asked this same question before: http://wiki.squeak.org/squeak/552

In all seriousness, I still believe that a clean breakthrough would be a
vital long term enabling devolopment for Croquet in particular, and Squeak
generally.

Is this paper online (or can it be scanned and legally posted online?

    Thanks,

        Ed Boyce