heading = forwardDirection +etc (Ans to Andrew and Karl)

Bert Freudenberg bert at freudenbergs.de
Tue Jan 9 12:49:44 UTC 2007

On Jan 9, 2007, at 6:03 , Jerome Peace wrote:

> Tweak polygons shrink when rotated.

Actually, that was fixed in the tinlizzie version. You need a
properly transforming canvas to make it work. RomeCanvas does this,
which was made available last year.

> So I continue to
> repair morphic and hope what ever I learn may be
> ported to tweak if the tweak developers are so
> motivated.

There is not much development going on in basic Tweak at the moment.
It's used in Croquet and Sophie, but the etoys developers' attention
is at OLPC right now. Of course, it's up for everyone to take and
improve.

> I've fixed polygons so they can stand in for ovals as
> well as rectangle. I've got more fixes on the way
> including the rotation fix.
>
>> I would really like to know if I'm the only one who
> feels this way.
>
> I think there are a few. One problem is poor channels
> of communication with the squeakland/OPLC side and
> squeak-dev side. Or maybe just poor communication
> between developers and users in general. It make there
> seem to be fewer interested than really are.

We welcome fixes and improvements in the OLPC version. Like, most of
the fixes posted by community members to the etoys at laptop.org list
actually went into the image. From our perspective it would make a
lot of sense to base a future squeakland version on the OLPC etoys
image. This is why only minimal efforts go into the current
squeakland version which is nicely stable.

- Bert -