Squeak Wiki Problem

Frank Shearar frank.shearar at angband.za.org
Wed Jan 10 15:03:48 UTC 2007

"Pierce Ng" <pierce at netmemetic.com> wrote:

> On Tue, Jan 09, 2007 at 02:25:48PM +0000, Filip Stadnik wrote:
> > Can you both confirm being behind any proxy servers?
>
> Looks like my ISP's transparent caching proxy is the cause. I used a
public
> wifi which goes thru another ISP and can get to the site...

Does your ISP use NetCache, perchance?

This is what an attempt from my machine ("telnet wiki.squeak.org 80")
returns (as mutilated by an 80 column limit):

GET / HTTP/1.1
Host: wiki.squeak.org

HTTP/1.1 502 Proxy Error
Date: Wed, 10 Jan 2007 14:59:51 GMT
Via: 1.1 rba-cache2 (NetCache NetApp/6.0.4P1D6), 1.1 cbs-cache1 (NetCache
NetApp
/6.0.4P1)

                                                              <title>502
Proxy E
rror</title>
            </head><body>
                         <h1>Proxy Error</h1>
inv
alid
response from an upstream server.<br />
The proxy server could not handle the request <em><a
href="/">GET&nbsp;/</a></em
>.<p>

tml>

Searching for the name/version in the Via header I found a reference to
http://www.lagado.com/proxy-test, which neatly reveals all the proxies in
your path.

frank