3.10 questions

goran at krampe.se goran at krampe.se
Fri Jan 12 00:29:29 UTC 2007

Hi!

Craig Latta <craig at netjam.org> wrote:
> Hi Göran--
>
> > Now that Ralph is official 3.10 release team leader, who are the other
> > two that the board wanted in the team?
>
>      I just want to make it clear that the board wanted the team to have
> three people total, and for Ralph to be on it, but we did not choose the
> other two people (we left that to Ralph). As far as I know, Ralph
> invited Edgar to be on the team, and Edgar accepted. I haven't heard of
> a third member yet.

Right, I was unclear.

> > And how will the team operate?
>
>      Ralph has written about this here[1]. Perhaps you could ask him
> something more specific?

Mmmm, yes, that is a description that I have read in fact. It should be
on the swiki. But... it still leaves a bit of question marks for me - I
get the Mantis part and that the team acts as harvesters. So that is
kinda simple. So the enhancement I intend to try to push would go
through Mantis simply.

But I think the rest is a bit blurred. This is not criticism btw, I just
wonder how all is meant to work. It feels like quite a bit of work to
get all this running - and with an alpha ready in a few weeks.

regards, Göran