3.10 questions

goran at krampe.se goran at krampe.se
Fri Jan 12 08:30:35 UTC 2007

Hi!

"J J" <azreal1977 at hotmail.com> wrote:
> >So the enhancement I intend to try to push would go
> >through Mantis simply.
>
> I assume the enhancement you intend to try to push is your namespace
> solution?

Nope! :)

My Namespaces solution is way too "controversial" it seems - I don't
have the energy to do the advocacy for it.

No, this is about the code that has slightly rotted and is sitting in
PackageInfo-Extras. I wrote some of it, then Ned wrote something similar
- then Ned merged it and it got a bit b0rken.

Among its most noteworthy features it adds some menu choices to the
changesorters so that you can split and send a changeset to the package
maintainers whose packages it touches. It goes through the cs and
creates new changesets ("splits") from it based on what PI the code
belongs to. Then it composes an email with both the splits and the
original cs and figures out all affected maintainers by looking at the
PI fields in SM.

I have on several occasions promised to whip it back into shape and get
it added - it would make it very, very easy for people to push patches
directly to the affected maintainers/stewards.

regards, Göran