Squeak hangs when AVG virus scan is run

John Ersatznom bbound at gmail.com
Sat Jan 13 13:07:51 UTC 2007

As the subject says: Squeak hangs if an AVG anti-virus scan is run. I
know, because I have one scheduled for 8 am on Saturdays and exactly at
8 Morphic locked up solid and stopped processing events.

Contrast with the email client I'm using, which is a touch sluggish but
otherwise working perfectly.

There's been no response that I could detect (even scanning the archives
again) to my response to the VM crash thread.

There are also performance issues. Performing 100,000 math operations on
floats and small integers with some message passing, looping, and block
calling takes a full second or two on a 2GHz machine. Is that normal?