Squeak hangs when AVG virus scan is run

Andreas Raab andreas.raab at gmx.de
Sat Jan 13 22:00:49 UTC 2007

Elod Kironsky wrote:
> Hm, so this is a Squeak issue or a AVG issue?

I don't think we have enough data to point either way. I use AVG myself
and so far didn't have any problems.

> Is this happening with other Anti-Virus products?

Many moons back we had some problems with (I think) Norton Antivirus.
However, those went away after some update to their software (Squeak was
not the only software affected by it).

> I'm working at Grisoft so maybe could fix it if AVG does the problem ;-)

Well, if you have heard about similar problems caused by AVG it would
certainly be interesting to see if there is any correlation. If you have
any guidelines about particular behavior that might be problematic it
would be good to know about that, too.

Cheers,
   - Andreas