Ffenestri (multiple host window support), and Mac Host Menus

David T. Lewis lewis at mail.msen.com
Tue Jan 16 01:24:21 UTC 2007

On Mon, Jan 15, 2007 at 02:48:02PM -0800, John M McIntosh wrote:
> The 3.10 team asked me to build a change set for Ffenestri  (multiple
> host window support), and Mac Host Menus for 3.10.
> The last change set was build for Tweak in 2004.
>
> I've updated my ftp site and my idisk in the Ffenestri folder found
> in the experimental directory with a number of new
> change sets that let you load the Ffenestri logic into a 3.10 image,
> likely also into a 3.9 image. Testing shows that this re-released
> code works with Mac PowerPC and MacIntel.  I did uncover a byte order
> problem on macintel btw.

Dumb question: There does not seem to be a HostWindowPlugin implementation
in platforms/unix. If such a thing existed, would it be a useful thing?

I don't have either a Mac or a RiscOS box, so I'm not entirely clear
as to whether Areithfa Ffenestri does something useful now, or if
it's more of an R&D exercise awaiting future development work.

Dave