Mit's Scratch has a final version available for download.

John M McIntosh johnmci at smalltalkconsulting.com
Tue Jan 16 20:53:27 UTC 2007

Ya, before Christmas they were using a fairly old Mac VM and I helped
them upgrade to the current Mac VM since they needed MacIntel support.
They managed to find a problem with sound input in exchange for that
effort.

The VM that I built for them actually has less functionality. It
dropped:

AsyncFilePlugin
B3DAcceleratorPlugin
Squeak3D
B2Dplugin
Exupery
GeniePlugin
InternetConfigPlugin
JoystickTablePlugin
RePlugin
SecurityPlugin
SurfacePlugin
UUIDPlugin

The VM is then a 3.8.14beta8U  (8 rev for the sound input fix, with
the above functionality removed).
Technically running on a standard 3.8.14beta7U os-x carbon VM might
crash at some point in sound recording in os-x 10.3.
Likely I should push out a 3.8.14beta8U VM...

I'll note if you dig around in the image you'll find that John
Maloney refactored the EventSensor/InputSensor logic completely
and I think removed a lot of stuff that the event sensor and morphic
does before morphic gets it's hands on the event to process.

On Jan 16, 2007, at 9:56 AM, Lukas Renggli wrote:

>> Yeah, that's what stopped me from downloading it. So much for
>> Smalltalk and portability. Way better than say Java.
>
> I think, there is absolutely no need to complain: Download the Mac
> version and the included image-file works nicely on different VMs. I
> tested it, by opening and clicking a quickly around, with the
> following stock VMs:
>
> - Mac VM 3.8.14beta7U on OS X 10.4
> - Mac VM 3.8.12beta4U on OS X 10.4
> - Unix VM 3.9-9 on OS X 10.4