printing from a Mac

John M McIntosh johnmci at smalltalkconsulting.com
Thu Jan 18 19:14:31 UTC 2007

Well there is a printJob plugin and smalltalk code to interface to
OSX printing logic to print forms, or embedded postscript.

PrintJobPlugin.v1.4.2.bundle.zip

On my iDisk, via http://www.smalltalkconsulting.com/squeak.html

PrintJobPlugin.v1.4.2.bundle.zip
RealPrinting-JMM.7.cs.zip

With help with Impara last Dec I changed the print form logic to
print to the chosen printer via Quartz, versus quickdraw to support
macIntel, and rewrote
the logic to enable the usage of embedded postscript. I'll note if
you use postscript you can only see the results on a postscript
device, printing to
a PDF won't show the data.

Your other choice is to make a *.ps file and use the OSProcess plugin
or the Applescript interface to open the *.ps file which will convert
it to a PDF.
Also you could use the AppleScript or OSProcess plugin to invoke
ps2pdf, I'll note you can execute shell script from AppleScript, and
go from there.

On Jan 18, 2007, at 8:31 AM, Javier Reyes wrote:

> Hello All,
>
> I work on PC but I'm developing something for Mac using Squeak. The
> final result is a Form made with Morphic and saved in Poscript.
>
> Is there any way I can launch the printing task from my application?
>
> All the best,
>
>                      -Javier

===