FFI ExternalStructure - proper memory cleanup

Jim McLoughlin jmcloughlin.lists at gmail.com
Sun Jan 21 03:53:02 UTC 2007

Thanks to Bert and John for the quick responses, I think I understand
how to handle cleaning up my instances.

> You can of course as earlier noted have a class side startup method
> an nil out instance vars for all instances when the VM is started...

Anyone have a quick example on how to do this?  I tried to put it in
my GSLMatrix class>>initialize, which already exists to define the
structure fields.  I also tried declaring a class side method startUp,
but neither seemed to be invoked on image restart.

Did I need to somehow register the startUp method with the image
startup process?

Jim