Key values in Tweak platform-dependend?

Stefan garak85 at gmx.de
Sun Jan 21 15:58:23 UTC 2007

Hi folks,

We are 3 students trying to implement a lil' game in Tweak. In doing so,
we have to catch keyboard events using a method like:

onKeyDown: event
    | keyValue |
    <on: keyDown>
    keyValue := event keyValue.

Thereby the value of keyValue differs in dependency of the underlying
OS. On Windows the keyValue equals the ASCII-values ('A' = 65). On Mac
OS we get completely different values, e.g., an 'A' results in 0.

Currently we work around that problem by checking Smalltalk
platformName. Does someone know another (and better ;) ) way to resolve it?

Thanks for your help.