Melia - different kind of GUI

Adrin adrin at ic.cz
Thu Jan 25 08:37:56 UTC 2007

Hi,

I looked closer to Etoys and Sophie and have pretty much to study.

But there is one thing, almost philosophical thing, what makes Melia
different. If I em correct, costumes and halos are extensions applied to
objects. Object will live with these extensions. In Melia I try to
really separate object from its possible visualization and possible set
of modification tools. I could be able to drag&drop object from one
window to another and object will change its appearance dynamically. For
this matter I must define standard interface (in Melia I use archetype
addressing - cool term isn't it? :) I do it, because I still try to
follow real world working with objects - take it, look at it, focus on
part of it, modify it.

Cheers,
    Adam