Mac carbon VM 3.8.15b1 pending

John M McIntosh johnmci at smalltalkconsulting.com
Fri Jan 26 21:47:51 UTC 2007

I put a new macintosh carbon VM on my idisk and FTP site
http://www.smalltalkconsulting.com/squeak.html

Squeak 3.8.15beta1U.app.zip

This VM incorporates some changes to fix issues with sound recording/
playback crashes that the Scratch Support team found.
It fixes a problem with untrustedUserDirectory that Tetsuya HAYASHI
found.
It fixes an issue with the alternate grow VM memory logic that the
Sophie Team found.

VM changes are:

3.8.15b1	interp.c
			Alter VMMaker logic to put in missing period in
				biasToGrow
				| growSize |
				growSize :=  growHeadroom*3/2 - (self sizeOfFree: freeBlock).
				self growObjectMemory: growSize

			sqMacSecurity.c
				untrustedUserDirectory  remove fixPath that Tetsuya HAYASHI
reported stripping last directory
				off of untrusted directory path that is in info.plis

			sqUnixSoundMacOSXJMM.c
					dprintf, change to #define otherwise use of dummy method causes
compiler to push parms,
					resulting in crash if buffer was not allocated on startPlay

3.8.14b8	 Basis for MIT Scratch VM

			sqUnixSoundMacOSXJMM.c
					Changes to recording buffer logic to watch for buffer being
freed by main thread, since
					recording buffer logic runs on separate os-x process. Issue was
crash on stop recording
					Where we seem to stop the recording and dispose of the buffer,
but then the buffer
					recording logic on the other thread (osx 10.3) wants to memcopy
just one more buffer...

3.8.14b7	sqMacMain.c	Add signal handler on SIGSEGV, dump all stacks.

===