[ANN] new development snapshot of muO available

Cesare Marilungo cesare at poeticstudios.com
Sun Jan 28 19:13:57 UTC 2007

Stéphane Rollandin wrote:
> hello list,
>
> a new development snapshot of muO is available:
> http://www.zogotounga.net/comp/squeak/sqgeo.htm
>
> it can be installed in a 3.8 or 3.9 image (use fresh images for safety
> and convenience)
>
> muO is an experimental environment for musical composition
>

> Stef

Hi Stef,

I've installed muO and started studying the documentation. It looks
really interesting.

I was working on a music project in squeak, too.

I wrote some morphs to represent notes and envelopes and wanted to send
events via OSC in realtime.

But I'm stuck since I haven't found how to keep precise timing (with a
decent resolution). My first prototypes used the Morph 'tick' method,
but this was unacceptable for obvious reasons. Lately I've been
experimenting with forking an osProcess, but I was wandering if there's
a cleaner/better method.

Can you provide me with some hints, or point me to the proper
documentation where I can found some explanation about how to achieve this?

Thanks in advance, and keep up with the good work.

c.

--
http://www.cesaremarilungo.com