improving the quality of the image

Göran Krampe goran at krampe.se
Mon Jan 29 10:05:57 UTC 2007

Hi folks!

> Philippe Marschall wrote:

>>> Our

>>> Woa, where does that hostility come from? There is another way to
>>> ensure all tests are green, besides removing the failing ones.

etc etc.

Ok, IMHO this is all about classification of tests. Perhaps someone has
already proposed the following but how about:

- If there is a bug and someone authors a test to show it and it enters
the image (lets ignore *that* particular question for 3 seconds - many of
course argue that it should not enter the image unless accompanied with a
fix), why not mark it as "has never worked" - or something along those
lines?

That way we can keep all *working* (not marked) tests green and at the
same time have a list of non working tests (those marked) that typically
are all red. When something is fixed and turned green we remove the
marker.

Sure, this may be a daft idea :), just wanted to mention it.

regards, Göran