improving the quality of the image

Howard Stearns hstearns at wisc.edu
Mon Jan 29 17:17:46 UTC 2007

Ralph Johnson wrote:
>> ...[several excellent points]...
> There are a lot of bugs in Squeak.  Squeak is, in general, of
> "experimental" quality.  It is amazing to me that people actually
> develop commercial products with it, but they do.
> ... [more excellent points]...

Relative to what I'd like to see, there are indeed a lot of bugs in
Squeak. While I don't want to take anything away from the thrust of
Ralph's plan, I'd like the record to show that that there is not
necessarily consensus that Squeak is buggy relative to other platforms -
commercial or otherwise.

For example, I spend far too much time on the following technology stack:

          A financial application costing tens of $M
           and responsible for processing several $B each year.
       PeopleSoft
    Oracle
Windows

Relative to that, Squeak is of absolute perfect quality.

Cheers,
-Howard