About 3.9

Lex Spoon lex at lexspoon.org
Mon Jan 29 20:40:08 UTC 2007

Giuseppe Luigi Punzi <glpunzi at zyoconsulting.com> writes:
> Is 3.9 fully functional to work in a project for production use?
>
> I'm trying to load some packages from squeakmap, and, or the package is not
> published for 3.9 or the package crash on 3,9
>
> I'm talking about komhttp for example.

I have assembled such a set of 113 packages, but have not yet put
together a convenient release for developers.

If you want to try it now, I'd love any feedback you have.
What you need to do is:

  0. Start with 3.9.

  1. Install YAXO and Package Universes from SqueakMap.

  2. Install everything else you want -- including Komanche --
     via the universes browser.

Within a few weeks, I hope to post a distribution that already has
steps 0 and 1 done for you.

-Lex