OLPC-like device...

Blake blake at kingdomrpg.com
Tue Jan 30 18:11:22 UTC 2007

On Tue, 30 Jan 2007 09:59:11 -0800, Bert Freudenberg
<bert at freudenbergs.de> wrote:

> What's your budget? And how "small" - PDA size, tablet pc size? The OLPC
> XO is inbetween (7.5" display) but has no touchscreen.

About the size of a clipboard or smaller. I should think a tablet's a bit
too big and a PDA is a bit too small. I don't want users squinting at the
thing.

> I guess Pocket Smalltalk could be ported basically everywhere, Squeak
> needs some more power.

I don't want a terribly underpowered device, though obviously size and
price constrain.

I want to keep the devices under $1K.