OLPC-like device...

Andreas Raab andreas.raab at gmx.de
Wed Jan 31 01:44:56 UTC 2007

Aaron Reichow wrote:
> I definitely feel the difference between the 770 and the N800 in
> Squeak.  Squeak 3.9 out of the box is still too slow to use, but the
> performance of 3.2 and 3.4 is quite snappy.

I think the main differences can be explained by the following threads:

http://lists.squeakfoundation.org/pipermail/squeak-dev/2006-October/110506.html
http://lists.squeakfoundation.org/pipermail/squeak-dev/2006-November/111315.html

Generally, 3.9 should be slightly faster than the above mentioned
versions just because some effort went into optimizing some bits and
pieces of Morphic display. Unfortunately, the above two can easily
overshadow any improvements that have been made in the meantime.

Cheers,
   - Andreas