OLPC-like device...

David Faught dave.faught at gmail.com
Wed Jan 31 13:17:39 UTC 2007

Blake wrote:
> I need a small, light, tough touch screen, no keyboard or mouse or
> hard-drive, but a wireless connection and maybe some flash memory.

Have you looked at the PepperPad
(http://www.pepper.com/products/pepper_pad3.html) ?  Although it has a
hard drive, if you are ordering a few of them you might be able to
convince them to swap it out for a big flash drive.

Also, I occasionally browse through the used equipment on eBay looking
for good tablet values.  It might be reasonable to get a few older
~500mhz tablet PCs and again swap out the hard drives for some big
flash drives.  Maybe something similar to
http://wiki.squeak.org/squeak/3366 although you would have to verify
that they would actually boot from the flash drive.