SqF feedback

Craig Latta craig at netjam.org
Tue Jul 3 20:48:07 UTC 2007

Hi Daniel--

> B. Action on the license front - a decision on a license policy.

     I thought we made that decision last year, to move to an MIT-style
license (see [1]). Please let me know if there's something missing from
there.

> Who decides whether to push <your favorite disruptive change> into the
> current version?

     The release team decides that. The release team is appointed by the
board, and the release team's decisions are subject to the approval of
the board. We think this is appropriate, given our election.

> Relation to non-package-maintaining teams: who decides membership and
> scope of a team?

     So far, we've simply encouraged people to start teams, by leading
them. The team leaders then get to solicit volunteers for their teams,
and hand off leadership as necessary. We haven't thought of anything
that works better than that, but we're always open to suggestions.

     thanks,

-C

[1] http://netjam.org/squeak/contributors

--