The land of the Mice, a bedtime story

Blake blake at kingdomrpg.com
Tue Jul 3 22:46:59 UTC 2007

On Tue, 03 Jul 2007 15:24:24 -0700, Ken Causey <ken at kencausey.com> wrote:

> I suggest this is overly simple.  The Squeak.org site does link to other
> images including SqueakLight and Squeak-dev.  My inclination is to
> suggest http://ftp.squeak.org/  But I myself have also muddied the
> waters there by offering hosting to 'forked' images there.
>
> If we want to clarify what is and is not 'official' it might be
> necessary to organize things a little different on http://Squeak.org/ .

I dunno. If you go to Squeak.Org, there's this bright green panel on the
right that says "Download", Latest Releae 3.9, with links for "Windows",
"Mac" and "Others", and a link for installation help. That p0anel is on
every page. While SqueakLight and Squeak-dev aren't anywhere on the first
page. I wouldn't think there'd be much question.

Yeah, they're on the download page, under pre-configured images and
perhaps what is needed is an explanation of what a "pre-configured image"
is. Though the descriptions of each are pretty clear.

Obviously someone had trouble with it, but it's really pretty
straightforward.