News Team Monthly Report for June 2007

Ron Teitelbaum Ron at USMedRec.com
Tue Jul 3 23:52:58 UTC 2007

Hi Blake,

Well what happened is this.  I used to try to summarize what was on
squeak-dev with little articles that really didn't say very much and mostly
pointed you to interesting threads.  I received some comments that the
longer articles were more interesting.  So I started posting some pointers
and opinions, some tutorials, interviews, and updates from around the
Smalltalk world.  The problem was the larger articles took much longer to
produce.  I still have a number of articles that I'm working on, including
two people still waiting to be interviewed (thank you for being patient).

So although I agree that the longer substantive articles are better I think
last months virtually no articles was really sad.  I was really getting into
this Squeak being noticed thing.  I think the PR is really good for the
community.  It's clear that Giovanni and I can't do it all.

So once again I would love to hear from everyone, what would you like to see
on WeeklySqueak and ask people to PLEASE volunteer for the news team!!

Ron Teitelbaum
Squeak News Team Leader (pro tem)