Support this project

Klaus D. Witzel klaus.witzel at cobss.com
Wed Jul 4 11:15:36 UTC 2007

Gentlefolks,

I just returned from www.stellarium.org, they (like many other free open
source projects) have a "support this project" button for people who want
to donate money to the project.

I'd like to suggest that the various Squeak projects have their own
"support this project" button. This perhaps makes it easier for interested
parties to donate some money. Many people (like me) don't want to buy a
piece of supermarket, but rather just some groceries for their mouse :)

Donations to projects can be used for (for example) representing projects
at events, buying hardware for the developers, printing CDs or
documentation, and other related marketing activities which require money
in support of visibility.

And of course regular transfers can be made from a project's funds in
support of the more general activities (community server, etc).

What do you think?

/Klaus