methods for license conversion

Pavel Krivanek squeak1 at continentalbrno.cz
Wed Jul 4 19:40:15 UTC 2007

Hi all,

I have prepared an image with small code base that is ready for
license conversion and is able to load a sequence of packages up to
working Morphic system.

Downloads: http://comtalk.net/public/pub/KernelImage/20070704/

- it contains 2919 methods
- 1029 methods have no initials of the author hasn't subscribed the
license conversion agreement so we have to rewrite them
(http://comtalk.net/public/pub/KernelImage/20070704/authors.ods)
- it is able to condense changes
- it is able to evaluate unimplemented calls
(http://comtalk.net/public/pub/KernelImage/20070704/info.txt)
- it is able to print all objects and generate the image map in HTML
form with reverse references
(http://comtalk.net/public/pub/KernelImage/20070704/ImageMap.zip)
- it has still 2MB (that's why we need the image analysis tool ;-)
- it is able to load SUnit and run basic set of  tests without failures
- platform specific code only for Linux

I should point out that if I'm talking about possibility of loading
Morphic into this image, I'm not talking about future or theoretical
plans but about real possibility supported by successful experiments
;-)

I think that we should define exactly what the term 'rewrite a method'
means and find some people that want to help with license conversion
of the image.

Cheers,
-- Pavel