Not very visible Squeak-dev set at squeak.org

Serge Stinckwich Serge.Stinckwich at info.unicaen.fr
Sun Jul 8 07:58:04 UTC 2007

mmille10 at comcast.net a écrit :
> "And to think, just yesterday there was a complaint that Squeak-dev (and
> SqueakLight) were too visible and caused confusion about what was official."
>
> I had the thought that what might help is to categorize the downloads. I was thinking for the current official version, squeak.org could put it under "Education and Multimedia -- eToys, audio, video, Alice, 3D graphics". The developer image could be on the same page, categorized under "Seaside", and maybe "Smalltalk Coders/Hackers images", to make it more clear that this category is targeted at those who want to work on web projects, or at a lower level in the system. Each could provide a link for further explanation, talking about what each can be used for, if that seems necessary. Some visual cues would help, I'm sure, like showing a screenshot of what eToys looks like in the official version, with the classic "driving the car" demo.

Yes i agree about the categorization, but why categorize the last
current official version (3.9) under the category "Education &
Multimedia" ? Try to dl the 3.9 version. This is just a developer
version without the bells and whistles of the squeak-dev version. The
3.8 could be categorize "Education & multimedia".

-- Serge Stinckwich
http://doesnotunderstand.free.fr/