A couple of simple ergonomic adjustments

Damien Cassou damien.cassou at gmail.com
Mon Jul 9 09:14:37 UTC 2007

Hi Sebastian,

2007/7/9, Sebastian Sastre <ssastre at seaswork.com>:
> I wanted to share a couple of simple and cheap customizations I've made
> on my daily Squeak image that I feel improves (phisical) ergonomy. I suggest
> those guys that make that customized images take a look and ofcourse the
> official Squeak to see if, triviality aside, this is cool enough.

I've included your changes. They will be present in future squeak-dev images.

However, I would prefer that method overrides be present in the base
image. Can you open a bug report, provide a monticello file for the
changes and inform the mailing list please? This would help for a 3.10
adoption.

>     I encourage to use better contrast for highlighting in selected list
> items. Try to read from 1 meter of the screen with the default red over
> lightgray (low contrast) and then customize it to a better contrasted
> version. I liked the readability of cyan over dark blue but is so different
> from the main theme that I choosed a not that radical one (like the one I've
> put in the preferences file).

What is the color you prefer? I can try it for future squeak-dev image
releases. I don't think people really cares about the radical change
if it makes things better.

--
Damien Cassou