A couple of simple ergonomic adjustments

David T. Lewis lewis at mail.msen.com
Mon Jul 9 23:58:59 UTC 2007

On Mon, Jul 09, 2007 at 03:31:15PM -0300, Juan Vuletich wrote:
> Giovanni Corriga escribi?:
> >Il giorno lun, 09/07/2007 alle 11.25 +0200, Mikael Kindborg ha scritto:
> >
> >>Hi, those are nice changes. I also feel that a font like VeraSans
> >>greatly improves the user experience. Looks much more
> >>professional/fun/clear in my opinion. I speculate that people who try
> >>out Squeak would be more positive to the system with better looking
> >>default fonts.
> >>

> >Even better, we could use the free and unencumbered Liberation fonts:
> >https://www.redhat.com/promo/fonts/
> >
> >Here's a screenshot of one of my work images:
> >http://www.corriga.net/~giovanni/Hacking.image.png
> >
> >	Giovanni
> >

> In my opinion http://www.jvuletich.org/issues/Issue0010.htm looks so
> much nicer!

I am no expert in fonts, but your solution is beautiful visually. I like the
idea of doing it all in Smalltalk too. If I recall the earlier discussions,
there was some worry about the memory requirements for a large number of
fonts, but I should think that a clever person might come up with a solution
based on ImageSegments, and this seems much more appealing than a dependency
on external code libraries.

Dave