Win32Window how to get Squeak's window Handle? VM?

Herbert König herbertkoenig at gmx.net
Wed Jul 11 21:41:07 UTC 2007

Hello Ron,

RT> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/124103
thanks but this is quite some c-code with a lot of if's attached :-)

It even might have the same problems as the FFI examples if Squeak
doesn't have the focus.

As I started the whole search after building a VM and after asking
some "Real Windows Developers :-)" it seems easiest to return the
handle from the VM which knows it as stWindow.

IIRC in the plugin building howtos there's one which simply returns an
Integer, I might be able to tweak this to return stWindow.

This may even end up being platform independent while my FFI-approach
will only be good for Windows.

Thanks again,

Herbert                            mailto:herbertkoenig at gmx.net