Asking again

Ralph Johnson johnson at cs.uiuc.edu
Thu Jul 12 12:33:30 UTC 2007

squeak-dev is absolutely not a competitor to 3.10, they are team-mates.

As we make the core squeak smaller, it becomes more important to have
standard packages that build upon it.  squeak-dev and squeak-web are
the only ones so far.  Damien is the one responsible for that.  We
ought to have more; perhaps squeak-cool, squeak-edu, squeak-etoys.
Package Universe is a good way to define and publish these packages.
If you want to make a squeak-cool, go ahead!

In the next release of 3.10, we will make sure that there are clear
instructions for loading squeak-dev.

-Ralph