How to coece a HWND* was: Win32Window how to get Squeak's window Handle? VM?

Herbert König herbertkoenig at gmx.net
Thu Jul 12 17:39:27 UTC 2007

Hello,

finally I managed to build a kind of working plugin.

Working in that I retrieve the window handle of the Squeak OS window
from the VM and I can use this handle (still inside the plugin) to
close the Squeak window.

How do I get this HWND* back to Squeak so that it returns the same as
Win32Window class getFocus?

I can send something back to Squeak (if I'm not closing the Squeak
window) but whatever I try gives a different result from what
Win32Window class getFocus returns.

I could stay within the plugin to do all I want but would prefer to
store the handle in Squeak and in subsequent calls use the plugin to
e.g. resize the window.

Thanks

Herbert                            mailto:herbertkoenig at gmx.net