A couple of simple ergonomic adjustments

Gary Chambers gazzaguru2 at btinternet.com
Thu Jul 12 18:32:13 UTC 2007

Indeed. Most of the UI stuff was intended to support the Report Builder (our
clients are used to some VB grimness), so a  consisten look-and-feel was
required. Still, I love Squeak and (most of the time) Morphic. Very
flexible, if rather obtuse at times!

We are looking to give something back to the community, we'll see if some of
the things can be accepted since I've had to rather hack some of Morhpic to
give us some ease-of-introduction to tradional developers. Don't worry too
much, we are committed to supporting this with however Squeak goes....

Again, thanks to Andy Tween for his work with Freetype. Was going to have to
tackle platform fonts on my own otherwise!

I use Gentoo at (office) work and Windows 2000 at home, making sure this is
portable.

At Pinesoft (http://www.pinesoft.co.uk) we are committed to moving our
business forward into a more flexible model and Squeak allows us to do that
while keeping the customers happy!

(...remembers the joy of easily doing graphical stuff with Smalltalk V for
DOS, ooh, around 20 years ago. Gosh, twenty years and still Smalltalk is the
best!).

Thanks for the support!