Changing window size (was Re: How to coece a HWND*?)

John M McIntosh johnmci at smalltalkconsulting.com
Thu Jul 12 19:24:00 UTC 2007

http://wiki.squeak.org/squeak/3862
Areithfa Ffenestri
Resizing can be done two ways - by using the Host UI tools or
programmatically.
HostWindowProxy > primitiveWindowSize:x:y: will change the size of
the specified window using HostWindowPlugin >

The depth:width:height:fullscreen:  call on the mac actually sets the
monitor size and depth, and flips the screen to full screen removing
the operating system visual widgets.

On Jul 12, 2007, at 12:18 PM, Bert Freudenberg wrote:

> On Jul 12, 2007, at 19:39 , Herbert König wrote:
>
>> Hello,
>>
>> finally I managed to build a kind of working plugin.
>>
>> Working in that I retrieve the window handle of the Squeak OS window
>> from the VM and I can use this handle (still inside the plugin) to
>> close the Squeak window.
>>
>> How do I get this HWND* back to Squeak so that it returns the same as
>> Win32Window class getFocus?
>>
>> I can send something back to Squeak (if I'm not closing the Squeak
>> window) but whatever I try gives a different result from what
>> Win32Window class getFocus returns.
>>
>> I could stay within the plugin to do all I want but would prefer to
>> store the handle in Squeak and in subsequent calls use the plugin to
>> e.g. resize the window.
>
> If resizing the Squeak window is actually what you want - why don't
> you implement primitive 92 which is meant for that purpose? It is
> only actually implemented on the Mac AFAIK but that would be
> actually useful to have on all platforms. See DisplayScreen
> class>>depth:width:height:fullscreen:
>
> - Bert -

===