Changing window size (was Re: How to coece a HWND*?)

Herbert König herbertkoenig at gmx.net
Thu Jul 12 20:29:47 UTC 2007

Hello Bert,

BF> If resizing the Squeak window is actually what you want - why don't
BF> you implement primitive 92 which is meant for that purpose? It is
BF> only actually implemented on the Mac AFAIK but that would be actually
BF> useful to have on all platforms. See DisplayScreen
class>>>depth:width:height:fullscreen:

mainly there's still too much I don't know. At the moment I think I'll
move from my own plugin to HostWindowPlugin as I'm already using ideas
and code from there.

I've already stumbled over
HostWindowPlugin > primitiveHostWindowSizeSet and think that's the way
to go.

Moving to HostWindowPlugin has the problem of getting my changes
accepted. And to find out what has to go into cross and what into the
Windows part of the tree.

As I don't want to do do too much in a single primitive call, I'm
still interested in my original question, how to get the window handle
into squeak for later use in other primitive calls.

Cheers

Herbert                            mailto:herbertkoenig at gmx.net