A couple of simple ergonomic adjustments

Ralph Johnson johnson at cs.uiuc.edu
Fri Jul 13 07:54:37 UTC 2007

On 7/12/07, Juan Vuletich <juan at jvuletich.org> wrote:

> Who needs to do what to get it there? The code is there, with a small
> set of fonts. And it is trivial to add anyone the user wants.
>
> Should Edgar and the release team just load them? Yes? Edgar, please
> doit ASAP!

No, Edgar should not.

The process is described at http://wiki.squeak.org/squeak/5919

To summarieze, first create a Mantis issue and put your code on it.
Then get some people to use it and report that it works and is great.
Then put the issue on the list of Mantis issues ready to be included
in 3.10.  Then Edgar will try it out.  If it breaks any tests then
he'll reject it and make you try again, so you really ought to make
sure it doesn't break any tests.  If it doesn't break any tests and if
nobody has complained about it then he'll add it to the release.

The release team is trying not to be the arbiter of what goes in and
what goes out, but rather to set quality standards and to manage the
incoming issue stream.  We are not fixing up code or writing tests;
that is your job, not ours.

-Ralph Johnson