How to coece a HWND* was: Win32Window how to get Squeak's window Handle? VM?

Herbert König herbertkoenig at gmx.net
Fri Jul 13 07:52:41 UTC 2007

Hello Sig,

s> in plugin you might write:
s> | handle |
s> handle := blablabla.
s> ^ self pop: 1 thenPush:(self positive32BitIntegerFor: handle)

s> where the handle , is that unsigned32 window handle.

it compiles if I change self to interpreterProy but it still returns
the wrong number. Maybe it's a Matter of byte order. But hex doesn't
give a clue on that. So maybe it's a matter of further dereferencing.

If I only knew C :-))

In C I declare a
static HWND *theStWindow

and I push a positive32BitIntegerFor(*theStWindow) being not better
than pushing ..(theStWindow)

Now I have to hurry to work for money :-))

Thanks,

Herbert                            mailto:herbertkoenig at gmx.net