Changing window size (was Re: How to coece a HWND*?)

John M McIntosh johnmci at smalltalkconsulting.com
Fri Jul 13 20:27:12 UTC 2007

On Jul 13, 2007, at 2:13 AM, Herbert König wrote:

> It seems some of those "You guys" will have to change the whole
> morphic
> drawing, BitBlt whatever to paint on a HostWindow. Which looks like an
> awful lot of work. So I guess people having a need will do a bit in
> this area and maybe it sums up one day.

I had a change set somewhere that would swap out the Display for the
host window that was part of the Project's information.

Thus you could create a host window for a project, when you jumped to
the project then everything was drawn to that project's window.
At the time, and I think today, when you switch between projects, the
existing project is "hibernated" and morphics aren't stepped.
Switching between projects invokes lots of things.

This was deemed clever, but not what should happen. At the time we
did setup Tweak projects which has Display as a instance variable to
work
with host windows, but there was a lack of interest.

===