Better morphic architecture? (was: Re: Changing window size)

Avi Bryant avi at dabbledb.com
Fri Jul 13 21:29:09 UTC 2007

On 7/13/07, John M McIntosh <johnmci at smalltalkconsulting.com> wrote:

> Laslty I'll note Morphic was rewritten over in
>
> http://scratch.mit.edu/
>
> I believe under the grant rules the source should be available,
> surprised  no-one has gone digging to
> see if that has a better Morphic to build on?

In http://news.squeak.org/2007/01/23/scratching-the-surface/ John said
that "We plan to make source code available by mid-2007 under the MIT
License so that others can experiment with extensions and variations."

In early versions of Scratch it was possible to get a debugger in some
situations and from there get to the full development environment,
which looked like a pretty standard (but snappy) Morphic circa Squeak
2.2 or so.  I haven't tried doing that with a recent release...

Avi