Can't run squeak under amd64 ubuntu

David T. Lewis lewis at mail.msen.com
Sun Jul 15 20:13:12 UTC 2007

On Sun, Jul 15, 2007 at 03:10:41PM -0400, Timmy Douglas wrote:
> Bert Freudenberg <bert at freudenbergs.de> writes:
>
> > Looks like you are not using current SVN sources which have
>
> Is this out of date?
>
> http://squeakvm.org/squeak64/
>

> Should I be getting the sources from somewhere else?

Yes. The material on that site is a snapshot of the original
64bit port development work. Those sources are now out of date
with respect to VMMaker sources, and definitely will not work.
You can get up to date platform sources from http://squeakvm.org.
The command to use on a Linux system is:
 "svn co http://squeakvm.org/svn/squeak/trunk squeak-svn-source"

Along with the platform sources, you need VMMaker from SqueakMap.
There are also some other change sets that you may need, but
that have not yet been included in VMMaker. These are currently
floating around the vm-dev mailing list and/or Mantis.

Dave