Monicello Branches

Wed Jul 18 21:20:47 UTC 2007

> You can do a config map of exactly the versions you want, and call
> that a branch. There is no higher-level support than that. Or am I
> misunderstanding?

I found this:

Create Branches

Go through the save a package steps above.
When the commit log dialoge window opens (the window where you enter
your comments for this change) edit the version number to reflect the
branch.
As an example if your package name and current version is this-
package.23 and you are looking to create a branch here then edit the
name to be this-package.23.1. Descendants of that version will be
called 23.2, 23.3, etc, by default.
So that is slightly better, but it is still on a per package basis.
I imagine that I can use a config map + this to manage this.