Q] Any AS 400 Squeak experience ?

John Magnifico john at blueplane.com.au
Thu Jul 19 01:24:46 UTC 2007

Hi everyone,

We are very interested in such discussions on using Squeak with an AS/400.
We are undertaking very preliminary discussions with a client wanting to
migrate a dispatch (field force) system which uses a mobile on the client
side to send SMS messages to update the back-end AS/400.

More details will follow, but initially I am wanting to ascertain a level of
interest for a paid assignment to develop ~20 screens on a PDA client or
equivalent that will directly communicate to an AS/400 back end. At this
stage it may or may not require Squeak to be running on the AS/400 either
native or under a Linux partition, so long as it can talk to the Database
and associated systems.

If anyone is interested please contact me via the email enclosed.

Kind regards
John Magnifico

Director
Blue Plane Pty Ltd